The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
• Advise federal stakeholders as they plan and manage large biomedical research projects and initiatives.
• Provide technical thought leadership and innovative ideas, which help sponsors improve computational analysis methods to solve bioinformatics research challenges.
• Translate scientific business needs into required computing, storage, tool and other technical requirements
• Create reports and presentations for both lay and professional public health audiences that disseminate finding and promote recommendations to improve efficacy.
• Participate in and lead highly functional and creative teams while building knowledge and working relationships across the Corporation.
• Analyze and evaluate existing processes and data sources to derive actionable recommendations to improve operational efficacy in the public health domain.
• Develop working relationships within MITRE across all levels of staff, management and executives to leverage the Corporation’s deep experience across a broad set of domains.
• Serve as a technical resource to other staff, including MITRE health care experts with backgrounds in law, health IT and other fields.