This report looks at community response and public health communications during an infectious disease outbreak.
The World Health Organization (WHO) Europe’s emergency risk communication package has been rolled out to the global organization after its use as an effective tool for 13 countries in the WHO European Region.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is now using the International Organization for Migration’s (IOM) innovative Security Communications and Analysis Network (SCAAN) in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) to support the security of its staff fighting the Ebola epidemic.
This checklist is for public health professionals and outlines the critical first steps of a response.
This interagency (FAO, UNICEF, WHO) toolkit will be useful for anyone wanting to design effective outbreak prevention and control measures in community settings. The toolkit contains a 7-step approach, with corresponding tools, checklists, and templates for designing behavioral and communication interventions that support the development of outbreak prevention and control measures.
The network core, which will serve as an exclusive national broadband network for first responders, will also help facilitate data transmission for public safety operations.
Baltimore, Maryland’s 911 dispatch system was hacked by an unknown actor(s), prompting a temporary shutdown of automated dispatching.
Low-resource languages, for which there are a dearth of human translators and no automated translation capability, present a big challenge during emergency situations.
- List some common reactions exhibited by the public during public health emergencies
- Identify some effective communication strategies that can be used during public health emergencies
- Communicate with the news media more effectively during public health emergencies
- Work with the community more effectively during periods of heightened emotion
- Participate in planning processes that can help your organization be better prepared for communicating during an emergency
The 'acquaintance algorithm' selects random village households, and asks who in their network is most trusted for medical advice.